Today we are announcing the release of a new offering from Office365Mon.Com called “Office365Mon Private”. With this offering you can get your own private instance of the Office365Mon.Com monitoring service for Office 365 deployed to your own Azure subscription. This brings with it several advantages for large enterprises, CSPs, and US Government organizations that check all of the important boxes:
- Because you have all of the data and monitoring in your own private subscription, we use an alternative method for connecting to your resources that no longer requires you to update our access to them once every three months. Instead, you set it up once, and you never have to touch it again.
- We automatically inventory all of your SharePoint and OneDrive for Business sites, and Exchange mailboxes, and we do monitoring randomly against all of them, without any additional configuration required by you.
- We can provide performance data across all of your various sites and mailboxes, no matter what geographical region they are located in. This becomes even more important as Microsoft expands support for geographically distributed SharePoint Online sites.
- Office365Mon Private is now the only offering where you can get our new Log Shipping feature. This feature allows you to capture all of your SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business activity logs, and store them for as many months as you like. Microsoft only stores a couple of months worth of logs, but most enterprise and government organizations require longer retention periods for things like compliance, auditing, record keeping, lawsuit discovery, etc.
- Especially for CSPs, you can easily add as many additional tenants to monitor as you like. We provide deployment management tools in Office365Mon Private that allows you to create new subscriptions, create custom licensing plans, move customers between different licensing plans, etc.
- For US Government organizations – we are now set up in the US Government deployment of Microsoft Azure! That means we can now help you deploy Office365Mon Private to the US Government deployment of Azure, and you can have your own private instance of Office365Mon running for your tenant in there.
- For all customers, you can easily have Office365Mon Private deployed to any Azure data center anywhere in the world, in whatever region you require.
- As we add additional features to our existing Office365Mon.Com service, we will roll them out as applicable and make them available to Office365Mon Private customers as well.
Getting It Set Up
Getting things set up with Office365Mon Private is extremely easy. Our engineers will work with your organization to set up a short one- to two-week project where we deploy it to your Azure subscription. We’ll make sure everything is set up and configured, and verify that all services are working before we turn it over to you. After we do that, you’re free to operate it as you choose, but you can rest easy knowing that we are available to assist you should you encounter any issues or have any questions.
Using the New Features
Here are just some of the important new features that deserve a little more attention.
Tools for Monitoring Multiple Tenants
When you want to monitor multiple Office 365 tenants, such as if you’re a CSP, you’ll find several tools to help you do that with the new Subscription Management page. Here you can create and delete subscriptions, get a list of all of the subscriptions you’re monitoring; add, modify or delete any custom licensing plans, and more.
For example, here you can see how easy it is to create a new customer subscription:
If you want to create or modify a custom licensing plan, you can pick and choose from all of the available features we have in Office365Mon Private, including Threat Intelligence Monitoring and Log Shipping:
You can also do things like customize the “FROM” email address that’s used when notifications are sent out, as well as run your own custom code or tasks once a day after our daily processing jobs are completed.
Managing Access to Monitored Resources
With Office365Mon Private, you no longer have to go in once every three months and update the Azure access tokens that are used for monitoring. Instead, we’ll help you set up a certificate that will be used to provide access to the resources we’re going to monitor. As you can see from the Private Deployment configuration page, it’s a simple three-step process:
Our engineers will walk you through this during your initial deployment, and then are available to answer questions if you are going to set up monitoring for other Office 365 tenants as well.
Pricing and Availability
Office365Mon Private pricing is based on the number of resources you have to monitor – mailboxes, SharePoint and OneDrive sites. The less you have, the less you pay; the more you have, the more you pay. You can get complete details, including an estimate based on the size of your organization, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Office365Mon Private is available today! If you’ve seen Office365Mon before and are interested in just the new Private features and how you use them, then you can contact us at email@example.com and we’ll be happy to show you how these new tools and features work. If you’ve never seen Office365Mon before and want to see all of the features, insights, and reports that are available to you with both the current service and Office365Mon Private, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will arrange a demo for you. You can also always go to our site at https://www.office365mon.com to see what’s there for yourself, as well as start up a free 90-day trial of our service.
Office365Mon Private provides some genuinely unique, interesting and exciting monitoring options for enterprises, CSPs and US Government organizations. We hope you’ll take a few minutes to consider the value that Office 365 monitoring brings to help you stay In the Know, and In Control of your Office 365 services.
From Sunny Phoenix,