Hey folks, just an FYI that we are finally ready to start peeling back the kimono on the next version of SharePoint, which we are calling SharePoint 2013. In addition to today’s announcements, we’ve released quite a bit of technical content on the new version up on Technet. I had the good fortune to help work on this along with several good friends from Microsoft. So run on down and grab your copy of some IT Pro goodness for SharePoint 2013 and let us know what you think. You can find the content at http://technet.microsoft.com/en-US/sharepoint/fp123606.
Here is a complete list of the modules we have up there, courtesy of Vesa’s blog (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/vesku/archive/2012/07/17/sharepoint-2013-it-pro-and-developer-training-materials-released.aspx):
- SharePoint 2013 IT pro introduction and overview
- Get an overview of key changes and new concepts in SharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint Foundation 2013.
- SharePoint 2013 system requirements
- Learn about the hardware and software requirements for SharePoint 2013 and supported browser levels and setup considerations.
- SharePoint 2013 architectural changes
- Learn about key architectural changes in the SharePoint 2013 platform. We’ll highlight the most relevant changes from an overall architectural perspective.
- SharePoint 2013 server farms and site architecture planning
- Plan for server farms and sites in SharePoint 2013. Learn about planning for the distributed cache, changes in alternate access mappings and self-service site creation, new features in themes, and new ways to share sites, lists, and libraries.
- Office Web Apps 2013 architecture and deployment
- Learn about the new architecture and deployment model for Office Web Apps including architectural changes, deployment options, and operation aspects.
- SharePoint 2013 service application architecture and individual service applications
- Get an overview of about changes in individual service applications in SharePoint 2013, including new service applications, general considerations, and changes in service application architecture.
- SharePoint 2013 enterprise search overview
- Learn about the redesigned Enterprise Search in SharePoint 2013 including architectural changes to physical and logical topologies, details about configuration options for crawling, content, and query.
- SharePoint 2013 social features
- Social is one of the largest investments in SharePoint 2013. New features and capabilities provide a better and more comprehensive story for social computing in SharePoint 2013. Get a walkthrough of social features in SharePoint 2013.
- SharePoint 2013 enterprise content management and web content management considerations
- Get an overview of key changes and improvements in enterprise content management (ECM) and web content management (WCM) in SharePoint 2013. Learn about new capabilities from eDiscover improvements to major new capabilities for WCM-driven sites.
- SharePoint 2013 customization options and management
- Learn about the new customization capabilities in SharePoint 2013 and what that means from IT pro perspective. Learn about required infrastructural changes for new customization capabilities and setting up team development environments.
- SharePoint 2013 authentication and authorization overview
- Get an overview of changes in claims-based authentication in SharePoint 2013. Learn about new support for OAuth and how it’s used in SharePoint 2013. Also see how OAuth is used in Server to Server (S2S) authentication scenarios.
- Overview of SharePoint 2013 business continuity management
- Learn about the approaches and techniques to use when devising a meaningful and cost-effective business continuity management (BCM) strategy for SharePoint 2013.
- Upgrading to SharePoint 2013
- Learn about the different facets of upgrade preparation and understand the key skills and techniques you’ll need to successfully upgrade to SharePoint 2013
Hope you dig it!